Family owned & operated since 1931
1950's brings New Phia High School Graduates Robert (Bob) Walton (Gene's son) and Bob's best friend Jack Quinlan home after serving in the Air Force during the Korean War. This started their long careers at Walton's Auto Parts & Glass.
1970's started with Gene & Eula (his wife) retiring to Florida, and leaving Bob and Lois Holland (his sister) to run the businesswith help from Hugh (Lois's husband), Jack, and Woody the yard man.
1974 Bob's son, Tim, graduates from N.P.H.S and begins his career at Walton's. That Summer the State of Ohio starts the big project of creating a overpass to the south side of New Philadelphia. This forces yet another move.
1975 construction of the new building (at current location) has finished. Loss of land through the move and then later to American Electric Power left no room for used parts
1982 Bob and his wife Lorane take over the business along with Tim. The land around Walton's continues to be developed.
1999 Bob's unexpected passing leaves Tim to continue running Walton's with Lorane, Janice(Tim's wife), and Tracy (his sister).
Present Day Tim, Tracy, and Randy (their brother) now own Walton's. Which is now run by Tim, Brent (his son), Janice, and Tracy.
1931 Walton's was established by L.E. (Gene) Walton. At that time the building was constructed on the west side of Broadway, and surrounded by nothing but cornfields.
1946 The need for expansion began with construction of a new building on the east side of Broadway. This new building left room to expand in both new parts and glass, along with more land to expand the used (salvage) parts. Unfortunately this new building was short lived.
1948 The Great Fire of April 6 destroyed the building and most of the contents. The damaged building was torn down and rebuilt later that summer. All that down time caused the used parts to grow creating the need for a remote lot by the river.